Beginning on 19th September 2020, Dream 11 sponsored IPL 13 is going to happen in the United Arab Emirates this year. Amidst the Global Pandemic and travel restrictions, it is unclear if the tournament will happen in a stadium full of a crowd or in an empty one. This being said, the tournament is going to be telecast and streaming on all the major networks and streaming services across the world for the audience to enjoy.
53 matches between 8 teams will be played across these venues from 19th September to 10th of November on which day, the final is scheduled. The 8 Franchisee teams that will be contesting are Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals, Chennai Super Kings, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab, Sunrisers Hyderabad, and Rajasthan Royals.
IPL is one of the most followed tournaments across the World and is commonly reputed as a Cash Rich League due to the Expenses involved in the Auction of the players. The tournament auctions the sponsor rights which were recently acquired by Dream 11, a fantasy sports website for 222 crores.
Dream11 IPL 2020 was supposed to happen in March 2020 but was rescheduled many times due to COVID 19 Pandemic that affected the entire world. After many postponements, the tournament is finally organized in the UAE instead of India. Three venues namely, Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi, Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, and Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah have been selected for the matches.
As per the schedule IPL 2020 will begin with the “Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings” Match in Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi. The match will begin at 07:30 PM IST (6 PM UAE Time) and will be streamed across the World on services like Disney+Hotstar, YuppTV, BeIN Sports, Willow TV, Sky Sports, Gazi TV, etc., The detailed description along with the regions is available below.
- Dream11 IPL 2020 will be broadcast in India on Star Sports, Star Gold, and DD Sports. Disney+Hotstar retains the streaming rights for the same.
- Sky Sports has the rights to broadcast IPL 2020 in United Kingdom.
- Fox Cricket retained the rights in Australia and Sky Sport in New Zealand.
- BeIN Sports acquired the rights to telecast IPL in the Middle East and North Africa Region.
- SuperSport will be broadcasting IPL in South Africa.
- Sportsmax acquired the Rights to broadcast in the Caribbean.
- Willow TV is the official broadcaster in the United States and Canada. Disney+Hotstar retains the streaming rights for the same.
- Channel 9 is the Official Broadcaster in Bangladesh.
- Ariana is the Official Broadcaster Channel in Afghanistan.
- Star Sports is the Official Broadcaster in Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bhutan.
YuppTV acquired Official Digital Rights to Broadcast Dream11 IPL 2020 live in Continental Europe, South East Asia, Australia, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Central and South America, and Central Asia.